Terms & Conditions
Tel: 01592 563616
Any Reference in these Terms & Conditions to consumer, buyer, you, you’re, your & yours will be in direct reference to you, the Consumer/Buyer/Customer.
The Seller – Merchant
Your purchase/order is from Castle Bagpipes. Any Reference in these Terms & Conditions to we, us, our or ours will be in direct reference to Castle Bagpipes as the Seller/Merchant. Castle Bagpipes is verified by PayPal®.
Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions state our policy and procedures for using and to purchase and the return of goods purchased online from our website and offline orders purchased by ‘telephone’, ‘in person’ and ‘email’. Please read them carefully prior to purchasing from Castle Bagpipes.
You will be bound by the details of the Terms & Conditions and the website information which was in place at the time of use of the website or when you place your order.
Your access to and use of the Castle Bagpipes website is subject exclusively to these Terms & Conditions. You are not allowed to use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms & Conditions.
By using this website, you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms & Conditions, you must immediately stop using this website.
Castle Bagpipes reserves the right change these Terms & Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine if the Terms & Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to the changes, you should not continue to use the website.
Purchases/Placing an Order
When you place an order to purchase a product your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product. A contract is only formed when you receive a copy of your email order confirmation. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed as accepted in your order confirmation do not form part of the contract.
Changes to orders
Once you have received confirmation of your order, changes to your order, including the arrangements for delivery or collection, can only be made by contacting us via email or phone. Changes made to your order after the original confirmation may change the delivery date of your order. We will give you an indication of a new estimated delivery date once we have confirmed the changes to your order. Notice must be given within 48 hours of the order being placed.
Cancellation of orders
- Where goods are defective or not as described – then please see ‘Returns/Refunds’ clause below and nothing in this section limits your rights where goods are defective or not as described.
- You have the right to cancel your order if you wish within 48 hours of the time you placed your order.
- Many of our products are bespoke (made-to-order). All goods made-to-order on this website are produced only upon the request and confirmation of your order. In the event that having placed such an order you wish to cancel; we will charge a cancellation fee of 50% of the value of the order plus any other delivery or collection fee incurred. This will be deducted from any refund due to you.
- Delivery charges will be refunded in full unless we have delivered or attempted to deliver the goods before you cancel in which case they will not be refunded.
- Your refund will be processed as soon as possible and in any event within no more than 30 days of the day you have given us notice of cancellation.
- Cancellation must be by the person who placed the order. If you cancel by telephone, we will need to be satisfied that you are the person who placed the order.
- We reserve the right to cancel orders, at no cost to you.
- Online purchases shall be made online directly from www.castlebagpipes.co.uk . At the completion of your purchase payments will be made securely through PayPal®. Please refer to PayPal® Terms & Conditions and operating procedures prior to order completion. Our preferred currency is GBP (Great British Pounds Sterling) although non-UK currency payments will be accepted and converted into GBP using PayPal® conversion service. The appropriate conversion rate will be applied at point of sale as the PayPal® exchange rate states at that time.
- Upon completion of your sale, we will be given an electronic notification from PayPal® giving your payment and delivery/shipping information.
- Payments made by debit or credit card may appear on your statement as Castle Bagpipes.
- Offline Purchases will be accepted. We reserve the right to request full payment before goods are released for delivery.
- We reserve the right to request a deposit of up to 90% of the total order value. Terms will be discussed with the buyer at the point of order, an email confirmation will be sent as a quotation in confirmation of the agreed terms. Terms agreed for offline sales will be depended on previous purchase history, value of goods requested/ordered and the total quantity.
- Various payment methods will be accepted, bank transfer (details available upon request), credit and debit card payments accepted securely through PayPal®. Cheque payments are to be made payable to Castle Bagpipes. Cheque payments will require clearance before goods released for delivery.
- A handling charge for credit and debit will be applied to offline payments being made through PayPal®, this cost will be at our discretion, this charge will be minimal and discussed at point of sale.
- Failure to fully comply with the agreed terms will be strictly enforced and may result in legal action being taken against you to recover any monies/transactions outstanding.
- Payments made by debit or credit card may appear on your statement as Castle Bagpipes.
Delivery, Shipping and Postage & Packaging
- Please allow up to 31 days for delivery of your purchase from the date of payment being received, although it is our purpose to make every effort when possible, to despatch your order within 3 days of receiving payment. Delivery times are dependent on our current stock availability.
- Some orders may arrive in separate packages depending on the items ordered. Once products have been dispatched to within the UK, orders normally arrive within 3 to 5 days and international orders can take up to 31 days depending on customs. We do not take responsibility for late or non-delivery due to factors outside our control.
- Please note that the estimated delivery times are only estimates and cannot be guaranteed.
- We will, when possible, supply a tracking identification number for your delivery either by the email address, supplied at the time of purchase or by PayPal®
- Shipping costs are applied at point of sale before order completion. We reserve the right to decide on the carrier/courier or postal service used for the delivery of your order/goods, item/items.
- For custom and offline orders, shipping costs and options will be advised and agreed during discussion and agreement of terms.
- Goods are provided to you on approval and legal title to the goods does not pass to you until 14 days after delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
Extra Delivery Charges
The delivery service can only deliver through a ground floor or basement entrance which is close to a road suitable for delivery access.
You must tell us when placing your order in the ‘Order Comments’ box at the checkout, about any special factors that may result in delivery being more costly and/or taking longer than it otherwise would have, such as parking restrictions, narrow bridges or small entrances.
Extra charges for delivery may apply in any of the following circumstances:
- If you change the address where your goods are to be delivered at short notice.
- If delivery is more costly and/or takes longer than it otherwise would have because of any special factors that you failed to tell us about.
- If the goods need to be redelivered because there was no-one at the delivery address aged 18 or over to sign for the goods at the time arranged for delivery.
- If you need to inform us of any special factors regarding your delivery after you have placed and confirmed your order, please contact us by email as soon as possible. We do not accept liability if your order has already been processed and despatched.
- For our standard delivery items, our courier will attempt delivery. A card will be left each time indicating their visit. You may call the number on the card to rearrange a more suitable time for re-delivery. If you do not call within 5 days of receiving the last card, the item will be returned to us and a re-delivery fee will apply.
- We will let you know if any extra delivery charges are payable and you must pay these charges before delivery or re-delivery (as appropriate) or, if charged after delivery, within 7 days of receiving notice of such extra delivery charges.
Delays in Delivery
Occasionally the delivery of your goods may be delayed by circumstances outside of our control. If for any reason we are unable to deliver the goods or to have them ready for collection within the original approximate timeframe then we will notify you of the delay and new timeframe as soon as possible. If you cannot wait for the goods, you must let us have notice of cancellation from the person who placed the order within 7 calendar days of you receiving notification about the delay. If we receive your notice of cancellation as set out above within such 7-day period, then we will let you have a full refund. However, Castle Bagpipes cannot accept any liability for any losses you incur (including loss of earnings) or for compensation for perceived inconvenience that may be suffered due to any delay.
Products and Stock
- Our products are sold as new and fit for purpose unless stated otherwise.
- Our products are sold subject to their product description and any supporting information such as variant options and estimated delivery dates. We reserve the right to refuse orders where the product information, price or product promotion has been incorrectly published.
- Items listed on our website are in stock with us and we make every effort to keep our current stocked items up to date on the website. Items which are out of stock will be listed as “out of stock” on the product description and updated according on the item being replenished and returned to stock. All products are subject to availability. We will inform you by email as soon as possible if goods you have ordered are not available. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to supply you with any goods or products, you will be offered a full refund or items as substitute of equivalent value or if agreed a credit note will be given.
- Credit notes will have an expiry date, 10 weeks from the date of issue.
- We make every effort to ensure that all product information is correct at the time when we upload the product information to the website. However, the information may not be completely accurate at the time that you place an order. When placing an order, you must confirm the details of the product before purchasing.
- We take all reasonable care to portray our products accurately, but pictures are for reference only. Please be aware that the reproduction of colours is dependent on the settings and calibration of your computer monitor or device’s screen and they will vary from device to device and from screen to screen. We therefore cannot guarantee that the colours shown will accurately represent the colour of the goods you receive.
- If you purchase the same goods at different times or in more than one order, we cannot guarantee that the goods we supply will come from the same batch and be an exact colour match with each other.
- All our products comply with appropriate safety and consumer regulations. If a product is recalled for any reason, you will be contacted by email.
- To get the most out of your purchases you should take care to follow any care instructions supplied. The items we sell are for consumers for their stated use only. They must only be used for their intended purpose.
- Prices are as set out on this website. It may, from time to time, be necessary to change prices either up or down. We reserve the right to alter prices at any time without prior notice. Any price changes will be confirmed to you when you make an order.
- The price of the goods (including, where applicable, any delivery charges) is as set out in the order confirmation. However, extra delivery charges may apply – see ‘EXTRA DELIVERY CHARGES’ clause below.
- You must pay in full for the goods (including any applicable delivery charges) at the time of placing your order. Ownership in the goods we supply to you will not pass until we have received all sums due and payable by you for or in connection with the goods, including (where applicable) delivery charges.
Charges: VAT/Customs/Import Duty
Purchases made by you may be subject to VAT, Customs Charges, Import Duty, and handling charges depending on the destination of the goods. We do not accept any responsibility for any such duty or handling charges imposed. These charges will be accepted by you.
- Ownership of the goods we supply to you will remain in the ownership of Castle Bagpipes until we have received all sums due and payable by you for or in connection with the goods, including (where applicable) delivery charges.
- We reserve the right and will request the return of goods in their original state including original packaging at point of sale if you fail to comply with the agreed sales terms. Failure to comply may result in legal action being taken against you to recover items or monies due.
- You have an obligation to ensure that you have accurately ordered the correct item and quantity during the order process. It is solely your responsibility to ensure you have completed your order accurately before completion of the sale. Items ordered incorrectly including items which are incompatible with your requirements will not be accepted for return or refund.
- If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, then you must let us know within 7 working days of the day after the date the product is delivered to you. You must also return it to us within 10 days in perfect condition, in its original packaging, undamaged and with proof of purchase. If you fail to do so we reserve the right to refuse the refund or deduct a charge which will be no more than 45% of the price of the goods from your refund as we will not be able to sell those goods on at full price.
- Please note that bespoke items such as bagpipe chanter reeds and drone reeds can only be returned or exchanged if damaged/ faulty.
- Bagpipe chanter reeds and drone reeds are not accepted for return after they have been played in the bagpipes or mouth blown by any individual after delivery.
- Until the goods are returned to us, you are responsible if the goods are lost, damaged, or destroyed. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- You must return your items to us in re-saleable condition. They must be sealed in original packaging where possible and completely undamaged.
- We will not accept your claim for refund if the items returned by you are found to be intentionally unsealed/opened, damaged, degenerated, destroyed, worn, or torn and not in a re-saleable condition. Your claim for a refund will be immediately void and rejected.
- Where the goods were delivered to a third party and you are unable to return them to us, you may not be entitled to a refund.
- We regret that postage, packing, and insurance incurred in the delivery of the goods to you are direct costs and cannot be refunded.
- Items returned by you where we have rejected your claim for refund will be subject to a re-delivery charge. This charge will be advised to you and must be paid in full by you before item is despatched to you.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us and will remain responsible for all returned goods until they reach us. We strongly advise that a proof of postage certificate should be obtained when returning any part of you order. Certificates are available free of charge from the post office.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed as soon as possible after arrival and in any event within no more than 45 days of the day of arrival.
- Please note your right to return products does not apply to personalised items and made-to-order items including bespoke or customised items. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We reserve the right to reject an order if we suspect that a customer is taking advantage of our returns policy.
- Whether or not your goods are deemed damaged or worthy of refund is at our discretion, and you must only raise the issue if you feel you have a genuine case.
- Please get in touch with us prior to returning your product(s) by email or phone. Failure to do so will result in your returned goods subsequently being sent back to you or being restocked – a fee will incur in both cases.
- Please contact us if you are returning an item by telephone on 01592 563616 or by email at email@example.com
- If we are unable to complete or fulfil your order due to insufficient or unavailable stock, we will contact you by email to arrange a refund, substitute order or credit for future orders.
- Credit can be used against your next order, contact us by telephone or email to place the order.
- Refunds for online and offline purchases will be processed by our choice of bank transfer, cash, cheque, or PayPal.
- Refund can be a lengthy process and we advise that your refund can take up to 10 to 14 days from the point of approval.
- From the original date of dispatch, we allow you 21 full days to resolve your issue.
Promotion Terms & Conditions
- Some of our promotions may only be available to certain customers in certain areas.
- All orders are subject to acceptance under Castle Bagpipes full Terms & Conditions.
- Offer is valid on full price items only.
- Products are subject to availability and lead-times.
- Single transactions and one promotional offer per customer only.
- We reserve the right to reject any promotional application.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Returns not accepted on promotional items.
Contact with us
Advice can be given about items we sell online. None of our staff are authorised to advise on whether any goods are suitable for any unusual purpose. If you intend to use the goods for any unusual purpose, then you must make up your own mind about whether the goods are suitable or take advice from a third party. We will not be liable for damages.
We operate within the guidelines set out by UK Law. If you have any questions, please contact us on 01592 563616 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Castle Bagpipes total liability for any claim howsoever shall not exceed the price of the goods supplied by Castle Bagpipes to the customer.
We shall not be liable for any consequential loss whether this arises from a breach of duty in contract or in any other way, save where such liability is imposed upon us by statute.
We cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with instructions specifically stated on this website.
We will not be responsible for any delay in complying or failure to comply with our obligations under these conditions of sale if that delay or failure is due to any circumstances outside our reasonable control including without limitation fire, flood, acts of terrorism or where we are let down by a supplier.
These conditions of sale are in addition to, and do not affect, your statutory rights as a consumer. They are the only Terms & Conditions that are applicable to your order.
You may not transfer your rights under the contract between us to any third party without our prior written consent.
Links to third party websites
Castle Bagpipes website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. We do not monitor these other websites and we have no control over their content, privacy policies or services. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites and that we do not accept any liability from your use of these other websites.
All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in the website and its content (including without limitation the website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the website) are owned by or licensed to Castle Bagpipes or otherwise used by Castle Bagpipes as permitted by law.
In accessing the website, you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not link or frame the website or any part of it without our express permission. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, published, transmitted, stored, sold, or distributed without the prior written consent of Castle Bagpipes. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the website for personal, non-commercial use only.